What do I carry in my camera bag.
Ever wondered what professional photographers carry out in those camera bags and cases at every shoot? Look no further I show you what I have inside my camera bag and where its there.
I will start at the beginning, I choose to carry all my equipment around in a backpack, this is a personal choice and there is no right or wrong way to cart your equipment around shoots. I choose the bag as it has many pockets, pouches, attachments for Tripods, Monopods and much much more. The next key thing for me is that the bag had to be waterproof, this wasn’t an option, it had to be waterproof as I never know when I might get caught in a shower whilst on a shoot etc.
What bag do I use…
The bag I choose to carry my equipment around in is a Lowepro Vertex 200 AW, the next reason is that this bag was for the shoulder straps and waist strap. The bag has a clever should straps system that will allow you to move the weight of the bag and it’s contents off the top of your shoulders and onto your back.
I am very grateful for when I have it off my back for a few hours at a time. Then there is the added bonus of the waist strap, this is fully adjustable and allow you to control the weight of the bag from the bottom close to your body and add an additional point of contact to you at all times.
So what else is in the bag
Now here is the list of all the equipment I have in this bag at all times. The reason for this is I never know what I will need exactly on each shoot, this is not to say I carry every piece of camera equipment I own in my bag because this isn’t true.
So here we go with the list of equipment in my bag:
- Canon EOS 5D MK1.
- Canon EOS 30D.
- Sigma 70 – 200mm f2.8 Lens.
- Sigma 24-70mm f2.8 Lens.
- Canon 50mm f1.8 Lens.
- Canon 18 – 55mm f3.5 – f5.6 IS Lens.
- YongNuo YN568EX II Flash gun.
- FlashBender Pro Kit.
- iShoot PT-04C Multi Hot Shoe Wireless Triggers.
- Tamrac Belt System MBX5395 MAS.
- BlackRapid Strap.Lastolite Collapsible 5 x 6 foot Backdrop.
- Portaflash small triple reflector.
- Manfrotto 055XPRO Black Tripod.
- Manfrotto Ball Head for Tripod.
- Carbon Fibre Monopod.
- Spare Camera Batteries 2 per camera.
- Spare batteries for Flashguns (Rechargeable AA Batteries).
- Chargers for Camera batteries and Flash Batteries.
- CF and SD Memory cards in a Pelican case for Protection.
- Lens filters.
- Business Cards.
- Notepad and Documents.
- Cleaning cloths and lens wipes and a rocket blower.
- Rain cape for the camera and lens for emergency use.
There are other items that I take on shoots but due to size will not fit in the bag so these are put into carry cases that go into the car for protection.
So there you go…
So that is the equipment I carry with me to every shoot I do, I hope this has been a helpful insight to what a professional photographer will carry around.
I would like to add that we do have other specialised equipment that we keep in the office that only comes out on special occasions (when needed).
Portfolio of work
You can see this equipment in action by looking through my portfolio, all the images taken in my portfolio has been taken with this equipment.
https://portfolio.jellybeancreations.co.uk – JellyBean Creations portfolio of images.